TECHNICAL STUDY PRESENTATIONS
The north coastal CCE technical study is **HERE**.
TC Golez expresses the Encinitas Team's support for the technical study to the Encinitas City Council on February 20.
Summary of technical study findings:
- "...the formation of a (multi-city) CCE is financially feasible and could yield considerable benefits for all participating residents and businesses."
- "Benefits could include electric retail rates that are at least 2% lower compared with SDG&E rates."
- "...costs projected under most combinations of variables and potential market conditions will not negatively impact CCE rates compared to SDG&E rates, and where negative impacts may exist, those risks can be mitigated."
- "The draft study substantiates the assertion in (Encinitas's) CAP that forming a CCE program could be a financially feasible means ... to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and meet the 2030 emissions reduction target established in the CAP."
Presentations to local city councils are on the following dates:
- Carlsbad: February 26, 6:00pm
- Del Mar: March 4, 4:30pm